Friday, April 25, 2014

The Pocket Source is going "Out of the Album".... and......






Welcome to the Pocket Source Blog Hop! 


Today we are back with another blog hop to inspire you. We are all ready to share with you really unique ways to use your pocket scrapbooking supplies “Outside The Album”. 


 

Today I am going to share a fun idea for using both 4x6 and 3x4 cards! This is similar to a project I 


made HERE
but before I had so many beautiful cards. 
and I loved the idea then, but now with gorgeous cards, like those used here from the 
brand new Pretty Little Studio baby lines, it is easier and prettier than ever.



and if you love these supplies you can buy them HERE 
(link coming soon for the kit, but this shares the lines  for now)
or you can even use some of the baby cards you may already have.
even more I am offering a facebook class soon ($5 to join us)  to share and inspire baby projects, most using pocket scrapbooking supplies.

and if you would like a FREE Spot in this Baby Class leave a comment for THREE chances to win!! 

now back to my "Out of the Album" project

The first thing you will need to do to complete this simple, ready to go, desktop album is gather your supplies. 

This is the complete view of all supplies:



 This is a view of the Pretty Little Studio Baby Jack Berry Basket Album Kit, available for purchase later this year.



This is the "extras" that you may like to use to complete the album.
all items from Curtsey Boutique
(supply list below)



Once you have your supplies gathered you will need to trim your 4x6 cards down slightly, if you are choosing the back them on white cardstock like I have. Then, go ahead and build your base.

After your base is completed you can begin assembly. This is very simple to do and will leave room for your photo, journaling and extras in the pocket.


Lastly, you can add them to your basket. You can even decorate your basket a bit and make a title card, if you wish to dress it up a bit. 


as this album is completed, you could add more layers, words, pictures, stitching and even embellishments and it would be even more special. The pockets allow for all sorts of special things to be added each month, such as tags, cards and little mementos....

and the best part? if you ever *do* want to add them to your pocket scrapbooking albums...

you can, since they are about 4x6 *wink*
I hope this inspires you to use pocket scrapbooking cards instead of letting them just pile up! I hope you enjoyed the hop! If you are just joining, please make sure you go back to 


(to view the hopping order)

 I know for sure this year is I need a place like The Pocket Source. I need a place to be inspired, to be held accountable and be in company of others who understand my passion and love of  pocket scrapbooking and the gift that is to our families, and ourselves.

now you can visit The Pocket Source yourself here

9 comments:

Leslie Harvey said...

Love it Lisa! Great job! I love the look of that baby kit too! SO SWEET!

Kim Smith said...

This is a really great idea! Thanks for sharing!

Amarilys said...

These are AMAZING! Thanks for the inspiration!

mrshokim said...

OMGoodness! This is a fabulous idea! My cousin just had a baby, too. TFS!

Cathy Vee said...

Lisa!!! This is too darn cute!! I need an adorable berry box like that on my desk! Love the unisex colors !!

Melinda Campbell said...

Lisa, you always have some of the cutest projects! I absolutely love looking at your creations. And I might be borrowing this idea ... so adorable! Thank you so much for sharing darling! <3

Theresa Sondjo said...

Gorgeous, as usual! Looking forward to seeing the class!

Nirupama said...

This is such an amazing idea for a mini album! I just love it!

Annette said...

So pretty... thanks for the inspiration.