Monday, December 2, 2013

Pretty Little Studio's Holiday Blog Hop


Hello and Welcome to the Very Festive Pretty Little Studio Blog Hop! I know this list of talent has created some amazing projects for you to drool over and they are all so unique and different you will not want to miss one stop along the way! Make sure to leave some love, too....


My project is something special for the new year.

I admit I tend to fall behind with writing actual letters and sending cards. I get lost in the cyber world all too quickly and forget to send actual thank you cards, get well notes and birthday wishes, too. In 2014, I want to really work on that in my life and so I knew I would need a plan to make that happen. 

I decided to create a card planner. 

This card planner is so simple in design. It uses 7 white catalog envelopes in 6x9, 14 patterned papers for Pretty Little Studio, cut down to fit, and these calendars which are brand new from Pretty Little Studio and perfect for this project or Project Life in 2014. I am really excited about that!

and if you leave a comment you have a chance to win a full set of these amazing calendar papers.





here is the cover... 




it is some simple layering using the Nature Walk Collection, which is one of my very favorites from Pretty Little Studio and  wood grain letters (a peek into the future and a new line from PLS), as well of some bits from my stash.



I took each envelope trimmed down, added the patterned papers and the calendar to each page. I left it simple in design so I would have it done and could spend more time on my cards.



Then, I took the whole "book" and bound it together with metal rings.


Lastly, I added a few cards. Here is one of my favorites.



I hope to add more over this next month. It will be a fun way to use all of my stash and leftovers in a purposeful way.




I want to be diligent about this next year... writing, sharing meaningful words, consistantly.






 here is the hopping order, in case you get lost along the way




and there is an amazing Cyber Monday Sale happening RIGHT NOW!!
and free flair? yes, please!



and if you travel to every blog, leave a comment and head back to the Pretty Little Studio Blog you will have a chance to win a $25 drawing giveaway!!

Happy December!

23 comments:

KrissyClarkMcKee said...

What a great idea! I am always meaning to write more, too, but am horrible with letting "everyday life" get in the way. There is something so meaningful about handwritten letters and notes.

SarahA said...

I so need to make something like this! Love!

Megan said...

How pretty! You did a lovely job with your project. Thanks for sharing!

Under The Jenny Tree said...

Love it looks wonderful! a great idea!~

Vicki said...

Its beautiful and must say am loving those feather diecuts. :)

Aimee said...

I always love your style and work! and this is just perfect! love it

Carolyn said...

I love this idea!

Carolyn said...

I love this idea!

Kawine said...

wow what a great project, love it!

paola jofre said...

Very inspirational! I want to get up and go create just drooling over it!

bearsmother said...

Great idea to make the calendar book. Since it's embellished already (and you can add more) it will be an incentive to keep up with it. thanks for sharing.

Funky Finds said...

fun projects! happy holidays!

Stephanie Eaken said...

Such a cool idea! Awesome job!!!

JennyKozar said...

What a great idea - and you have a beautiful planner to boot! Thanks for sharing.

Melissa Ferrell said...

Such a cute idea! I love those feathers!

KellyG said...

Great idea, love it!

jasmine said...

This is so cute!! Love it!

(Also, your header is darling.)

Jessy Christopher said...

Such cute ideas. Love the album!

Carolyn F said...

Favorite project so far on the hop! What a great idea!

mk said...

What a cute little idea! Really well done!

{VICKI} said...

What a
O
N
D
E
R
F
U
L

Idea!

Thanks for sharing it with us

Merry Christmas!

Chark said...

how great is this? love your design!

Amy said...

I Simply LOVE this collection!!! Loving the inspiration you are sharing and will be sure to watch your blog...thanks!